Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Queretaro Mexico Week 51

Feel free to email Elder Eaton!  He's coming up on getting to his 1 year mark, half way!!!!  I know he'd love to get some news from you and encouragement. 


Elder Eaton mailing  address:
Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton
Mexico Queretaro Mission
Avenida Pis De La Cuestra No. 102
Esq. Boulevard Desarrollo San Pablo
Colonia Colinas De San Pablo, Querétaro
Querétaro, C.P. 76125 Mexico
                           Email: alex.eaton@mylds.net 




Everything is super calm here. Independence week was kind of psychotic!! There was a freak ton of drunk people and a carnival opened this week and there are bands that play there every night until 4 o clock. You can imagine how awesome it is. The crazy people here had a really fun time and I got a fun story out of it! So Tuesday Elder Sivila and I were walking down the street and out of nowhere these people in a really nice car pulled up next to us and they asked me if I knew where was the bus that took them to Cancun. So I said no, I have no idea. So then they asked me if i like to be drunk and do stupid things. (that is a literal translation). I obviously said no and then they insisted I get in the car and head to Cancun with them. I said no thank you again and that is about the time when I realized the everyone in the car was hammered and the girl in the passenger seat had a huge can of beer with a little sippy straw. They asked again and asked if I was sure and I said yes. I wished them good luck on their journey and started walking. Elder Sivila was on the other side of a car and couldnt hear us, so he wasnt following very well, so when he saw me walking he yelled ¨next time¨ They heartily agreed as they burned rubber and swerved into the traffic. I am now obligated to get into the car to Cancun next time they pass by thanks to my companion.

I feel pretty comfortable here and the food here is pretty good, not weird at all. They just eat a lot of fruit and I am not a fan. ugh. But being DL isnt that big of a difference and I have enjoyed it so far. My comp is going home next transfer so he is kind of worried about leaving the mission in a good way, so we are working hard. I am pretty happy with what I have accomplished here on the mission and I have changed a ton. Might not even recognize me when I get back!! hahahaha But I dont feel like you people! and I just started staring and I honestly did not feel like they were my people!! I DONT KNOW WHO I AM!!! But I am the point where I think Americans are weird. So it is a bit different you can say. Seeing blond people here is super weird. That pretty much sums up at what point I am on my mission. I love you guys and miss you. Don't worry,you will always be my people. 
Love 

Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton
photos
1 & 2) they had a big parade with soldiers, jeeps, and tanks!!
3) I wanted to show Elder Sivila what smores were. it was a bit complicated to cook with an electric stove but we succeeded!! He loves them
4)we had a meeting with the president and he asked us to all by mustaches. We now know why.
5)needless to say, we felt fancy






No comments:

Post a Comment