Sunday, June 14, 2015

Queretaro Week 32

Elder Eaton mailing  address:
Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton
Mexico Queretaro Mission
Avenida Pis De La Cuestra No. 102
Esq. Boulevard Desarrollo San Pablo
Colonia Colinas De San Pablo, Querétaro
Querétaro, C.P. 76125 Mexico



Well, I will tell you that it has zoomed by, and I do not feel at all like I have 8 months. It is only when I stop and think about all the stuff that has happened on the mission, when I feel old. I see new guys arriving and I remember exactly how they felt. I walked up to a new missionary the other week, Elder Sorensen, that we saw on P Day in the center of the city. I walked up to him from behind grabbed him on his shoulder and whispered "Dame tu dinero" Which is "give me your money". He froze, stopped moving and then I started laughing and he turned around with the biggest relief on his face, it was hilarious! I felt a bit bad  but we all laughed afterwards. I have just started working out with Elder Mays weights and it is doing something at least!!!

Elder May and I are still getting along great, and everyone pretty much is used to us now so no problems there. Now that election time is 6 months away, Mexico is getting pretty hyped up about it. Hundreds of people are just walking the streets with shirts of who they are going to vote for, so we steer way clear of there. We just heard that 2 candidates were killed last week, so it has kind of escalated. The drug cartel thing has calmed down a bit, there are police everywhere now, so they are fully mobilized. 

We just went to Costco and Home Depot today and in an effort to eat healthier, We bought a bunch of stuff for salads, and are limiting our food consumption, as I realized that my body was much leaner before the mission. I am still loving it here and am excited for whats still to come. The baptism we had was quite awesome and Manuel (the kid) was very happy. He is from an inactive family, so before we could baptism we wanted to reactivate the family and it was an amazing experience to bring someone to gospel again. And to see it on their faces. We might have another baptism this week, but it is uncertain. We will pray for a miracle!! Love you guys and miss you!!!!

Love Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton 

Photos
We were the only people on the bus, so why not?
 It started raining so we chilled for a bit in the church and I am relearning how to play piano









No comments:

Post a Comment