Sunday, June 14, 2015

Queretaro Mexico Week 33

Elder Eaton mailing  address:
Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton
Mexico Queretaro Mission
Avenida Pis De La Cuestra No. 102
Esq. Boulevard Desarrollo San Pablo
Colonia Colinas De San Pablo, Querétaro
Querétaro, C.P. 76125 Mexico





That boat will one day be full of grandkids and children-in-law, you best be preparing for that :P And it is insane that I have graduated nearly a year ago!!!! I still feel like I should be in high school but I am 19 years old and living in Mexico, speaking spanish! I kind of feel that now I have finally started growing up! I sure as heck have seen and experienced enough to last me a lifetime! But i still have more than a year of growing to go! So i will still have plenty of changing to do! We might be having another 2 baptisms this week but it all depends if they are ready for the interview. We will be having transfers in 2 weeks and I will most likely be staying and Elder May will be leaving just because he has more time here than me. Everything is going really good in our area, nothing else has happened to us and I doubt anything will, it just took the people a while to get used to us.

We have one investigator that we have been teaching in a drug rehabilitation center, and he is the greatest and easiest guy we have ever taught in our life!!! His name is Juan, 29, and he contacted us on the street while he was high but said he wanted to change his life. So he gave us his address and we visited the adress. We came to his house and his mom said that he got put into this center, so we visited the place and he was so excited to see us that he ran up to us and hugged us! It was great! He said he had been praying we would visit him there and we did. We tried a new teaching strategy where we just shared a scripture verse and gave a bit of explication, then we asked him what he thought. He took a second then talked for 34 minutes straight (Elder May timed it) and during which he explained the restoration, repentance, and the need to be baptized. He said "Correct me if I am wrong but I think I need to baptized!" We were dumbfounded and just shared D&C 20:37 (requirements for baptism) and after he read it he looked at us with the biggest, cheesiest smile I have ever seen and said " I am going  TO BE BAPTIZED!" He looked like the happiest guy in the world and he just looked........joyful.  He hugged us goodbye and we left. It was the greatest lesson I have ever had.

That is the highlight of this week and all I have to report is that it is going amazing in our area!! We also visited the Expiatorio (translation is more or less "place of atonement") which is a huge cathedral for Catholics and we went down into the tombs under the building. There were so many tombs in the walls and statues of saints and the virgin mary that it was insane! It was kind of creepy and Elder May and I just felt sick to our stomach the entire time. It was a relief to get out!! Thats my week! 
Love 
Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton

Pictures
- We temporarilly turned ourselves into saints we were the ONLY people in the entire place!!
- It is super expensive to keep a place here, so if you dont pay, they rip your relatives body out of the tomb and it becomes available for other people
-There was a loose tile so I decided to leave an article of faith card underneath it
-the passageways were ridiculously short and Elder May was bent double trying to walk in it.






No comments:

Post a Comment