Monday, April 20, 2015

Queretaro Mexico Mission Week 27


Elder Eaton mailing  address:
Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton
Mexico Queretaro Mission
Avenida Pis De La Cuestra No. 102
Esq. Boulevard Desarrollo San Pablo
Colonia Colinas De San Pablo, Querétaro
Querétaro, C.P. 76125 Mexico

Email:  Alex.eaton@myldsmail.net

Blog:  alexeatonmission.blogspot.com  

Well, the good news is that I have not had transfers, thats in 2 weeks! hahaha but I want to stay here so bad with Elder May as my companion. Not only do we get along great, we also work insanely hard! We just had a baptism Saturday of a lady named Virginia. She started bawling as soon as she came up out of the water and me (being me) quickly joined her in sobbing. It was amazing. We all felt the spirit insanely strong and that joy that I felt is at least a fraction of what God feels when we take a huge step towards him. I am sure he cried out of joy too :)
No more muggings. We had a zone conference with the president in which Elder May volunteered us to be the examples on how to contact people. We got torn to shreds of course and my self esteem was at an all time low but I learned a lot!!! We also FINALLY saw Meet the Mormons and I think every missionary was crying at the end when the mom (whos story is so sad but has an awesome ending) says goodbye to her son when he leaves on the mission and just refuses to let him go. That really made me think of mom, which was good, but also super sad too. But I am all good now.
Lots of new investigators and we have also left behind a ton of people. We find a bunch of people, which is actually insanely easy here seeing as how Elder May is 6'3 and I am blond, so we stick out pretty easily. We have a lot of people just coming up to us at the streets and asking us why there are 2 gringos here, so contacting is pretty good now.


Love,
 Elder Alex Chadwick Eaton


Photos
1)THey got some fine graffiti here
2)I have officially destroyed my first pair of pants on the mission!!
3)Baptism of Virginia!!
4)We spent a half hour trying to figure out how to fill up the font
5)After we baptized Virginia, We baptized the area too. At least thats how it felt like. All parts were completely submerged so we dont have to do it again
6) We ran out of food, so I improvised and made a cheese sandwich. It was made of Manchester Cheese subsituting the bread,spread with mayonaise, turkey inbetween, with a delicate spread of ketchup in the center. It tasted awful but it was food









No comments:

Post a Comment